Tú eliges Capital SimCity Capital Sims Capital Spore
Capital Sims

Aprendiendo inglés (SocialCapital English School)

Charla de manera amistosa de otros temas y conoce un poco más a los usuarios de Capital Sims Foro.

Moderador: Equipo moderador [CS]

Re: Aprendiendo inglés (SocialCapital English School)

Notapor Elizabeth S » 13 Ago 2013, 17:12

Thanks,Mass.My English sometimes is a little bad. X'D Because here in my school I learn the same that I've been learned on 6th Primary X'D Next year I will learn more :mrgreen:
Elizabeth S
Ilustrado
Ilustrado

Género: Mujer

Notapor Geles » 13 Ago 2013, 17:40

marquillo escribió:In that case I can't help you Jose, I wish I could help you. I think it's better if Geles or Marie help you, likely they know a lot of modism because they speak english a lot of time ago

likely they know=incorrecto. La construcción es: "they are likely to know"
they speak english a lot of time ago=también es incorrecto. Lo que quieres decir sería más bien: "they've been speaking English for a long time".
Elizabeth escribió:Oh,I've never seen this topic! It looks great,because I love English and I want to learn more. I hope I'm writing well,because I have a good English,but I'm not sure how to write it out of school X'D
If I write anything bad,please tell me :D
I will post here all my questions about this :mrgreen:

Sí, Mass tiene razón sobre el hecho de que se usa "topic" en el ámbito de los foros.
because I have a good English=esto es una construcción española, no se expresaría igual en inglés. Lo que quieres decir es: "because my English is good".
out of school= "out of" es una preposición de movimiento ("I'm getting out of the car" = me estoy bajando del coche). No la puedes usar con el sentido estático de esta frase. Tendrías que haber usado "outside": "outside school".
Elizabeth escribió:Thanks,Mass.My English sometimes is a little bad. X'D Because here in my school I learn the same that I've been learned on 6th Primary X'D Next year I will learn more

"here in my school I learn the same that I've been learned on 6th Primary"= "I've been learned" no existe como tiempo verbal xD puedes usar "I've learned" o "I've been learning", que creo que es lo que quieres decir. Además, sería "at my school", como sitio de aprendizaje ("in my school" simplemente hace referencia al edificio).
Geles
Manipulador
Manipulador

Notapor JosegCampos17 » 13 Ago 2013, 18:41

Geles escribió:What exactly do you need to know about modisms?

I haven't been clear :mrgreen: , the case is that in each country there are a lot of modisms, but it isn't the point, but (sino) the language's modisms. Ex: "You are welcome", the literal traduction would be "Eres bienvenido", but in English is "Gracias". It isn't a modisms as such, but it is interesting the fact of that the traduction were diferent. That is my question, wich are the phrases that means other thing to the literal traduction?

I searched and I found that this is called "phrasal verbs", what is it exactly? PS: I see the that the page was saying, but if you explain me, I will better understand.
Jesucristo es mi guía: si Él está conmigo, ¿quién contra mí?

¿Quieres una página web de aterrizaje gratis? ¡Aquí tienes una opción! (Es un tema en el foro)
JosegCampos17
Concejal
Concejal

Género: Hombre

Notapor Elizabeth S » 13 Ago 2013, 18:56

Thank you so much
Aquí estamos para aprender :mrgreen:
Elizabeth S
Ilustrado
Ilustrado

Notapor Xx.MassHysteria.xX » 13 Ago 2013, 19:20

I remembered (?) a modism? "Piece of cake" is a modism? In Spanish means "Pan comido"
Imagen Imagen
Xx.MassHysteria.xX
Ilustrado
Ilustrado

Notapor JosegCampos17 » 13 Ago 2013, 20:00

Piece of cake = Pan comido? First time that I hear that this means it. Interesting.

I found some modism:

Pull a fast one: Hacerse el tonto
Get the sack: Ser despedido
Cut your teeth xD: Aprender algo desde el principio (No, el xD no va)

In a page I read that "You rat" is "miserable", it means "¿rata?"

¿Quieres una página web de aterrizaje gratis? ¡Aquí tienes una opción! (Es un tema en el foro)
JosegCampos17
Concejal
Concejal

Notapor Geles » 13 Ago 2013, 20:08

JosegCampos17 escribió:the language's modisms. Ex: "You are welcome", the literal traduction would be "Eres bienvenido", but in English is "Gracias". It isn't a modisms as such, but it is interesting the fact of that the traduction were diferent. That is my question, wich are the phrases that means other thing to the literal traduction?

Primero, no es "traduction" sino "translation".
Segundo, y creo que lo voy a explicar en español, que te será más sencillo. Por cierto, "you're welcome" no es "gracias" sino "de nada". Pero entiendo lo que quieres decir. Aunque "you're welcome" no lo consideraría yo como un modismo. Un modismo es el ejemplo que da Mass:
Xx.MassHysteria.xX escribió:I remembered (?) a modism? "Piece of cake" is a modism? In Spanish means "Pan comido"

o sea, según la RAE:
"Expresión fija, privativa de una lengua, cuyo significado no se deduce de las palabras que la forman"
vamos, que en inglés, cuando decimos "piece + of + cake" no significa "a part of an item of soft, sweet food made from a mixture of flour, shortening, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients, baked and often decorated" (bueno, sí significa eso también xD pero no siempre) sino "something very easy". Lo mismo que "pan comido" en español.
"you're welcome" es simplemente una expresión que en español no se puede traducir palabra por palabra, pero eso proviene de la diferencia entre ambas lenguas, no es un modismo del inglés como tal, me explico?
En cualquier caso, ambos, tanto modismos como expresiones con traducción no literal, son infinitas xD lo mejor sería que conforme te vayas encontrando alguna que te llame la atención lo comentemos aquí. :wink:
JosegCampos17 escribió:I searched and I found that this is called "phrasal verbs", what is it exactly? PS: I see the that the page was saying, but if you explain me, I will better understand.

A "phrasal verb" is one of the nightmares of the students of English as a foreign language xD We call a "phrasal verb" a construction of a verb followed by one/two or max. three particles or prepositions, which forms a new meaning. As with modisms, you cannot add the meaning of the main verb plus the meaning of the particle/preposition in order to find out the meaning of the whole structure. It creates a new semantic unit. F.ex:
"look" = "see"
"look for" = "search" (not "see for")
"look after" = "care for" (not "see behind")
see what I mean?
Elizabeth S escribió:Thank you so much
Aquí estamos para aprender :mrgreen:

you're very welcome! :mrgreen:

choque con Jose - pues eso, esas expresiones son modismos, pero no por la forma en que se traducen, sino porque en inglés mismo el significado de la expresión no es la suma de los significados de cada palabra individual. :wink:
Geles
Manipulador
Manipulador

Notapor JosegCampos17 » 13 Ago 2013, 21:42

Nightmares, I will have nightmares tonight with the phrasal verbs :mrgreen: . And yes, I'm wrong with the means of "you're welcome" xD Thxs

Also I have to learn about the contractions in Internet, thxn, u, Id, arono... This difficult me read on the forums on Internet #-o .

I found it: http://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/p ... s-list.htm
I dead.....

PS: ¿Is there "phrasal verbs" in Spanish?
PS 2: I have been talking on the fórums, I sent a message and later I revise on the traslator the sentence and I say, for mistaken, "Él tiene relaciones comerciales con los niños" #-o . Así que tengan cuidado con lo escriben en Internet en otro idioma...

JosegCampos17
Concejal
Concejal

Notapor Didax » 13 Ago 2013, 22:14

Hi :D
Why I'm here? I don't know 'cause my English is like a shit xD
I'm going to start 4th of Secoundary this year and I have the best marks in English in my class but I know nothing xD I hope speaking English with someone I'll improve. :mrgreen:
I don't even know if wrote that comment correctly... #-o
Última edición por Didax el 14 Ago 2013, 11:58, editado 1 vez en total
Didax
Habitual
Habitual

Notapor Surten de Soita III » 14 Ago 2013, 09:29

Well, I'm actually doing some of my classes in Secondary completely in english (Natural Science, Social Studies and, obviously, english XD) since 1st of ESO, and now I'm going to 4th, so maybe I can help a little :mrgreen:
Imagen
¿Te gustan los legacies y eres un friki de los alienigenas? No te puedes perder mi Legacy Ahgsakmengdf. En caso contrario, puedes pasarte por mi Legacy Ahgsakmengdf ;D
Surten de Soita III
Concejal
Concejal

Notapor Didax » 14 Ago 2013, 12:01

In my school they start to do bilingual courses when I started 2nd of ESO, so I cannot do some classes in English #-o
Didax
Habitual
Habitual

Notapor Elizabeth S » 14 Ago 2013, 12:25

Here,when a subject is in English,I do it. X'D This year I did Natural Science,and it was a very funny subject.
Well,I do anything in English,but not Geography in this language...I'm not good in this X'D
Elizabeth S
Ilustrado
Ilustrado

Notapor Surten de Soita III » 14 Ago 2013, 13:42

I hate geography, but I have no other option -.-" Next year, in 4th I don't remember if Social Studies was going to be History or Geography. Last year we did economy, and I asked the teacher what was the theme of 4th, but I can't remember! :wall:
Imagen
¿Te gustan los legacies y eres un friki de los alienigenas? No te puedes perder mi Legacy Ahgsakmengdf. En caso contrario, puedes pasarte por mi Legacy Ahgsakmengdf ;D
Surten de Soita III
Concejal
Concejal

Notapor Elizabeth S » 14 Ago 2013, 14:07

I will pray for do history in 4th [-o<
Elizabeth S
Ilustrado
Ilustrado

Notapor Didax » 14 Ago 2013, 22:26

History. I think it's rom the 17th century to today or something like that. I think there's also Geography, but the book is long and the teachers always prefer finish the History themes :mrgreen:
I love History too :D
Didax
Habitual
Habitual

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a Cultura y ocio