Tú eliges Capital SimCity Capital Sims Capital Spore
Capital Sims

Aprendiendo inglés (SocialCapital English School)

Charla de manera amistosa de otros temas y conoce un poco más a los usuarios de Capital Sims Foro.

Moderador: Equipo moderador [CS]

Re: Aprendiendo inglés (SocialCapital English School)

Notapor Carles69p » 17 Ene 2014, 16:32

I think it's fine. But yeah too many times the words "thanks" and "encouraged". ;)
Historia de Gossip Girl: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=32531&p=820744#p820744
Legacy Familia Waldorf(Sims 3): viewtopic.php?f=204&t=32155
Legacy Familia Meade(Sims2): viewtopic.php?f=193&t=30307
Carles69p
Celebridad
Celebridad

Género: Hombre

Notapor Geles » 17 Ene 2014, 18:35

A word of advice, Kai, for any kind of written project: "thesaurus" :wink:

You can always find ways of saying the things whilst avoiding repetition. F. ex, you may have said:

"I would like to thank my tutor, Teresa, because without her help this project wouldn't have been possible. Both Nuria and Manu have also provided an invaluable help with their encouragement and grammar corrections.

Special thanks deserve my mother, father, Ainara and Juanjo, for always being there to motivate and support me.

And last but not least, my sincere gratitude to all the people who have answered the survey and helped me with the research."
Geles
Manipulador
Manipulador

Género: Mujer

Notapor kaibellvert » 17 Ene 2014, 19:02

Thank you guys!! :D I didn' know that website, Geles, but I will use it a lot! *--*
Imagen
Pásate por my legacy Alternativo ;)Lahey O por mi Legacy Original Keahu
Pásate por mi canal de Youtube :D
kaibellvert
Ilustrado
Ilustrado

Notapor charles.xavier » 20 Ene 2014, 01:03

hi, I hadn´t seen this before. I speak a bit of English, actually I study an English degree I'm gonna be an English teacher and this year is gonna be se third year at college. At the beginning it was a little bit difficult for me, because I didn'e understand what my teachers said. Now, I can understand almost everything. I'm still learning and I hope I will have acquired a really good level of English by the time I finish my degree.

I was reading some comments and I saw some mistakes and I'm going to correct them, just because I want you to improve your English.

Elizabeth S escribió:Here,when a subject is in English,I do it. X'D This year I did Natural Science,and it was a very funny subject.
Well,I do anything in English,but not Geography in this language...I'm not good in this X'D

you use funny when something made you laugh, so you should use fun instead, because it was entertaining.

Didax escribió:In my school they start to do bilingual courses when I started 2nd of ESO, so I cannot do some classes in English #-o

you take courses or classes, you don't do courses. that's a collocation. it means that there is no reason to explain why it is like that, just because it is.
do bilingual courses = you offer courses or you're offered some courses, but not do. same explanation.

Didax escribió:Hi :D
Why I'm here? I don't know 'cause my English is like a shit xD
I'm going to start 4th of Secoundary this year and I have the best marks in English in my class but I know nothing xD I hope speaking English with someone I'll improve. :mrgreen:
I don't even know if x wrote that comment correctly... #-o

x = most of the time that you write a verb you need a subject, so there was an omitted subject.

JosegCampos17 escribió:Nightmares, I will have nightmares tonight with the phrasal verbs :mrgreen: . And yes, I'm wrong with the means of "you're welcome" xD Thxs

PS 2: I have been talking on the fórums, I sent a message and later I revise on the traslator the sentence and I say, for mistaken, "Él tiene relaciones comerciales con los niños" #-o . Así que tengan cuidado con lo escriben en Internet en otro idioma...

the means is wrong, the correct way to say it is "the meaning of"
for mistaken is algo wrong. "by mistake" is the correct way.

Marquillotuca89 escribió:
Sorry for this but, Damn! :mrgreen: , The fact I have those kind of mistakes is my insecurity, even when I knew the correct writting I put that #-o

I mean, I've been taking english courses, I've learnt a lot of participle verbs, I've learnt passive voice, used to, even, I've learnt grammar again and I don't feel really sure about what I'm writting :wall:

*Thanks for your sight Mass :mrgreen:

"The fact I have those kind of mistakes is my insecurity" you don't have mistakes, you make mistakes.
correct writting = even when and I knew the correct way.
writting= the correct spelling of that word is writing with just one "t".

Marquillotucan what i can see from your comments is that you're using your spanish to write in English, you should forget your spanish at the moment to write and speak because the grammar is completly different. It is like you have to switches one is for Spanish and the other is for English. So, when you want to write or speak in English turn off the Spanish switch. That will help you a lot to improve your English.

PS: if I made any grammar or spelling mistake please let me know, because i just write I don't like to review what I wrote, I'm a kinda lazy boy. :oops:
Imagen
charles.xavier
Turista
Turista

Notapor Marquillotuca89 » 20 Ene 2014, 04:02

Hahaha thank you charles =D>

You know, that is what my teacher told me. He says my problem is the way I learnt english; by the music. Now, my teacher is giving me a lot of books, from simple fairytales to complicated works, in order to "make" that "switch" you say.

I actually hope it helps me, cause I have the vocabulary, I have the grammar;it´s just that I need to read a little bit more for me ( I ,question here :mrgreen: ) to speak and write in the correct way.
Imagen

¡Consigue él fabuloso mod para no tener más madrigueras dando click en la imagen de arriba! :3
Marquillotuca89
Ilustrado
Ilustrado

Notapor Geles » 22 Ene 2014, 12:13

Hi Charles!

nice to have another future English graduate here :D

charles.xavier escribió:you use funny when something made you laugh, so you should use fun instead, because it was entertaining.

"Funny" also means "strange", "weird"... it certainly gives a different meaning to the sentence xD

charles.xavier escribió:"The fact I have those kind of mistakes is my insecurity" you don't have mistakes, you make mistakes.

let me add that it should be "that kind of mistakes", not "those kind of mistakes", regardless of "mistakes" being in plural.

charles.xavier escribió:if I made any grammar or spelling mistake please let me know, because i just write I don't like to review what I wrote, I'm a kinda lazy boy. :oops:

just a few spelling mistakes, probably typing errors ("i" and "spanish" not in caps; "to" instead of "two", "completly" instead of "completely", etc.) And it should be "I don't like reviewing" rather than "I don't like to review". Usually, an "ing" form follows the verb "to like" (unless it's in a conditional tense "I would like to..."). You may hear "I don't like to" but it does have a slight different meaning. "Ing" as a neutral meaning form is preferable.

Marquillo escribió:Now, my teacher is giving me a lot of books, from simple fairytales to complicated works, in order to "make" that "switch" you say.

Reading always helps, especially for grammar structures and vocabulary. But the "switch" only happens when you speak English everyday. It's a matter of habit, so your brain gets used to thinking in English. I'd suggest you try to think in English when you're on your own, start constructing sentences in your head. When you think, like when you write, you've got all the time to ensure that the grammar you're using is the correct one, to double-check the vocabulary, etc. That way, the structures will settle in your head and, when it comes to speaking, they will automatically come out without thinking. ;)
Geles
Manipulador
Manipulador

Notapor charles.xavier » 22 Ene 2014, 18:20

thanks geles! I didn't notice that! :D
Imagen
charles.xavier
Turista
Turista

Notapor Marquillotuca89 » 22 Ene 2014, 21:01

Geles escribió:
Marquillo escribió:Now, my teacher is giving me a lot of books, from simple fairytales to complicated works, in order to "make" that "switch" you say.

Reading always helps, especially for grammar structures and vocabulary. But the "switch" only happens when you speak English everyday. It's a matter of habit, so your brain gets used to thinking in English. I'd suggest you try to think in English when you're on your own, start constructing sentences in your head. When you think, like when you write, you've got all the time to ensure that the grammar you're using is the correct one, to double-check the vocabulary, etc. That way, the structures will settle in your head and, when it comes to speaking, they will automatically come out without thinking. ;)

I will try everything you say Geles, but I've been doing it frecuently. I always try to think in english, when I'm writing something, I write in english, or for example, I'm gonna say something, I try to say that in english and long of things like those :lol:
Imagen

¡Consigue él fabuloso mod para no tener más madrigueras dando click en la imagen de arriba! :3
Marquillotuca89
Ilustrado
Ilustrado

Anterior

Volver a Cultura y ocio